Wednesday, December 24, 2008

PEANUT BUTTER TEMPTATIONS

This recipe comes from a lady from our church. Back in 1982 when we first started attending FBC, the ladies of the church had a cookie baking night and Bea brought this cookie. It has been a favorite of ours since then.


Just to warn you, the recipe is a single batch but I doubled it so don't let that confuse you.



Start out with some softened butter.



Add the peanut butter. I love this measuring cup for peanut butter.


Pour in the white sugar. Do you keep a measuring cup in your sugar container? This metal one has been in mine forever. I'm doing a poll on the side pertaining to measuring cups left in containers. Please don't make me be alone in this habit.

Now the brown sugar.





Mix this up really good and do not eat any!





Add the egg.

Pour in some vanilla. Measuring is over-rated when it comes to vanilla.




A little salt.




Some baking soda. There's that sideways picture again. Gotta figure that out.




And finally the flour. This measuring cup came from my Grandma Bessie. It's been in my flour canister forever and ever.



Now mix this all up really good. It's kinda sticky so cover it with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least half an hour. If you don't do this it will be really hard to work with so allow time for the refrigeration. If you are a dough eater this is where you eat by the spoonfuls. I'm not one of those kinda people so I just put it in the fridge.




Get out your little mini muffin pan. Form one inch balls. I use a small cookie scoop. It makes the perfect size balls.



They pop out of the scoop and just drop them in the pan.




These scoops are great. I have three different sizes. I use the smallest one the most. If you want a bigger cookie, the medium works good. Now that big one I haven't really found much use for except really big meatlballs.



Aren't they cute all laying in their little sections. Bake them in a 375 degree oven for 8-10 minutes.



Give the baby the measuring cup and a couple spoons for entertainment. And yes I did clean the peanut butter off before I gave it to her.




Unwrap a lot of peanut butter cups. Again, no eating the goods.



You can enlist some help here but I guarantee you'll be short peanut butter cups.



They are done when the centers begin to sink.



This is the best part. Press a peanut butter cup into each cookie while they're hot. And sing Away in a Manger while you do this.


Leave them sit in the pan for about 8 minutes before removing them and placing on a cooling rack.


Hannah dug out the middle and threw the cookie part away! I'll never understand this child.


I did run out of peanut butter cups because a double batch makes 96 cookies. So I just baked the rest on a cookie sheet and stuck a chocolate star in the center.
PEANUT BUTTER TEMPTATIONS
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cup flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 large bag peanut butter cups
Cream butter, peanut butter and sugars. Beat in egg and vanilla. Mix well. Add dry ingredients and mix. Preheat oven to 375. Shape batter into 1 inch balls. Place in ungreased mini muffin pan. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Press a peanut butter cup into each cookie. Let set for 8 minutes before removing from pan. Makes 4 dozen cookies.

Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger. Luke 2:11-12
Merry Christmas!

No comments: