Monday, October 12, 2009

OATMEAL FUDGIES

This recipe is being requested by Joni. She called and said she is craving them because people have been talking about them. This is Mom’s original recipe for them so brothers and sisters, these are the ones we grew up on.
IMG_1514
Now I had to make an adjustment here because I didn’t have any cocoa powder. Pretend there isn’t any unsweetened chocolate in this pan. Melt 1/2 cup butter.
IMG_1515
Add 2 cups of sugar
IMG_1516
And 1/2 cup milk
Bring this mixture to a boil.
IMG_1518
In a separate bowl, combine 3 cups quick cooking oatmeal, 1 cup of coconut and 1/4 cup cocoa powder. This doesn’t have the cocoa in it because I had to use the other stuff you see in the pan above.
IMG_1519
Pour the liquid into the oatmeal mixture and beat it well.
IMG_1523
Stir in 1 tsp vanilla. You can also stir in 1/2 cup of walnuts at this point. That is if you’re fond of them.
IMG_1521
Drop onto a cookie sheet covered with waxed paper, if you don’t have the paper, just coat the pan with some butter.
IMG_1522
I dare you to eat only one. They do freeze well.
OATMEAL FUDGIES
1/2 cup butter
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
Bring these ingredients to a boil. Remove from heat.
Combine in a separate bowl:
3 cups quick cook oatmeal
1 cup coconut
1/4 cup cocoa
Pour in the liquid mixture. Stir well . Add 1 tsp vanilla and 1/2 cup nuts.
Drop by Tablespoons onto a paper lined cookie sheet. Chill until firm.
My son, do not forget my teaching, but let your heart keep my commandments. For the length of days and years of life and peace they will add to you. Proverbs 3:1-2

4 comments:

jules said...

WALNUTS?????????

Mom never used them, they are BANNED from oatmeal fudgies!!!

Kari said...

I'm with Julie. Nuts don't belong in oatmeal fudgies. Sorry mom.

Deb said...

I will confess there are no nuts in these fudgies! I only put that on there because it is written on my original recipe. And apparently there are people out there who like that sorta thing.

Mama Bear said...

Sounds so good! I have to get some coconut, that ingredient took my by surprise...a pleasant surprise!